Re: [SLUG] Fwd: Your email requires verification verify#4bg26YuBBDTEKTUcWJc_gMG4KDmFaNOI

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 16:25:10 EST

On Friday 04 March 2005 3:04, Chuck Hast wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:49:51 -0500, jeff <jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 04 March 2005 2:22, Chuck Hast wrote:
> > > I hate spam as much as anyone but these things coming off of
> > > a list are a royal PITA.
> >
> > Except that they aren't coming from NKS. The headers are all forged, so
> > that it looks like it came from nks. Trace the path back and you will
> > see. :)
> >
> > Or pipe your list emails through spamassassin. Spamassassin will alert
> > you when it finds forged headers and spoofed domains.
>
> No, they are coming from this site as far as I can see:
>

> From owner-slug-track29@slug-list-00.nks.net Fri Mar 04 11:54:28 2005
> by ns50.super-hosts.com with esmtps (TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168)
> (Exim 4.44)
> id 1D7H0N-0000oR-Ur
> for nils@codewolf.com; Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:54:28 -0600
>
> I am just sending my replies to the list server, but this thing is sending
> those things back to me. I have not sent a thing direct to that address.

That is the last system that the message passed through, where the list server
sends it to your account. The bottom header is the originating information.
It was sent from gmail to the slug list. Assuming that the gmail header isn't
forged, that is.
        for <slug@nks.net>; Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:49:05 -0800 (PST)

Jeff