Re: [SLUG] Nvidia card

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 21:56:51 EST

THAT was cool. So just playing around with my IBM Stinkpad T41p I'm getting 240 fps...I'm gonna try to update to the nvidia driver instead of the one that my Novell Linux Desktop picked up and see what I get...

you guys rock.

BTW...we announced SUSE LINUX v9.3 yesterday. Includes XEN and some interesting enhancements...just some preview of what will be in SLES 10 later this year.

JP

Go to the Nvidia.com site and download the latest drivers. Check the readme
for details, but pretty much all you need to do is:
0) Run glxgears and determine framerate
1) Install the kernel sources.
2) export CC=gcc32
3) Go to init 3
4) sh Nvidia-installer.VER.sh
5) Edit the XF86Config file as documented in the README.
6) Run glxgears and watch the (hopefully) drastically improved framereate
Knowledge Systems (NKS).  Views and opinions expressed in messages