Re: [SLUG] Web Dev/Standards Question

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 17:57:50 EST

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 17:35 -0500, Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:
> He
> is arguing that the use of Flash is not a problem and it should be
> used as a significant portion of the site navigation. My big compliant
> however is that Javascript and/or XHTML with CSS would do a lot
> better and be more maintainable.

Obviously, flash-based websites are quite annoying (and often don't
allow for decent font enlargement for the vision impaired as the client
zoom-in doesn't work well for that) and are to be avoided, especially
ones with flash navigation. Plus, it's proprietary. So are you both
volunteers and have to somehow work together? I find it odd that the
graphic artist is being allowed to have any say in the architecture of
the site, if he/she is really just the graphic artist. I think you need
some better role definition before you get involved in a mess. -The
Ghost of Jim Varney