[SLUG] Web Dev/Standards Question

From: Christopher Hotchkiss (christopher.hotchkiss@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 17:35:35 EST

Hail fellow SLUGites,

I have a question regarding web standards. I volunteered to put
together a site for the USF Honors and I am having some difficulties
coming to a consensus with the graphic artist. Basically we are having
a large disagreement about the use of Macromedia Flash in the site. He
is arguing that the use of Flash is not a problem and it should be
used as a significant portion of the site navigation. My big compliant
however is that Javascript and/or XHTML with CSS would do a lot
better and be more maintainable.

What do you guys think?
Is it overly irrational for me to put my foot down when it comes to flash?
Or should I let him just produce it (if I can get something out of
him) and just roll with it?
Is it crazy to want everything on the site that affects the page to be
editable by a plain text file?

Thanks for any comments and/or advice.

--
Christopher Hotchkiss