RE: [SLUG] Web Dev/Standards Question

From: Pat Morris (p2003morris@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 07:39:25 EST

Hi Christopher, just wanted to mention that you might want to look at why
you are putting the web page out there to determine the architecture.

For example, there are a lot of commercial "intra-net" that is web enabled
applications, for a corporation that probably don't need a lot of graphics
or flash-style features, usually because they are so database heavy that it
takes forever to run and this would just annoy the users.

Then, you have "inter-net" applications that are either e-commerce where
they need to attract attention but still perform at a corporate level, and
then sites that are just out there for show, which could use flash and can
be very graphic heavy.

For myself, I avoid anything that has a black ground with white text -
horrible to read - or loads layers of images - rarely worth the time in
MHO....

Pat the Oracle