Re: [SLUG] 32-bit flash no longer running in amd_64 chroot

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 09:49:53 EST

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:30 -0500, Levi Bard wrote:
> > It looks like Macromedia added some code to detect the architecture with
> > the 7.0.25 release. Was working great before... It actually displays
> > this message on update:
> >
> > ERROR: Your architecture, \'x86_64\', is not supported by the
> > Macromedia Flash Player
>
> Is it a script? That you could add x86_64 to?

I tried bypassing the installer script and manually moved the .so binary
to /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins (while in the chroot of course) and
that didn't. Also, the Debian flashplugin-nonfree package installation
avoids this script as well, but still fails to work. In other words, I
think the script is just warning the user that the binary won't work. I
have to check "Windows/Macromedia" conspiracy off my list, because
apparently, it doesn't work for IE running under the Windows 64-bit Beta
either (but that is assuming one is using an x86 backwards-compatible 64
bit processor...

Does anyone have a flashplayer.so binary that is pre-7.0.25? Please
email me offlist if you do.

-The Ghost of Jim Varney