Re: [SLUG] Partition Question

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@ctrust.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 09:17:19 EST

Delusion wrote:

> Currently I am dual booting my box have suse 9.2 and windows 2k3
> server going. Since I have gotten my needed apps running under linux
> now. I was wondering if there was a way to kill my windows partation
> and Rejoin the partitions. I know someone will say Partition Magic
> will do the trick but i can't seem to find my copy of it.
>
> Is there a way there a linux app that will do the same thing that
> partition magic will. Or should I just formart completely and
> reinstall suse?

Others are correct. It is probably best to just mount that extra space
as /home or something. Resizing partitions can be risky. If you
absolutly have to do it... I'd say perhaps a knoppix disk and install
QtParted (I think someone mentioned it already), but be sure to back up
your data first...

--
Craig Zeigler
Network Administrator