[SLUG] Two DVD Drives

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 21:06:29 EST

I have ,for a while now, a DVD-ROM drive that has always worked without
a hitch. Until I replaced mu CD burner with a DVD burner. Now I get
messages that my DVD-ROM does not have any media in it. Did it just
happen to die when I replaced the CD burner with a DVD burner? Or is
there something preventing 2 DVD devices from working on the same machine?

Notes:

They were originally on the same IDE cable and now on different - no affect
Originally on Mandrake noe Fedora Core3 - no affect.
I inshalled it in my wife's windows box and successfully upgraded its
firmware -no affect.
(sadly I did not test it while in her machine, something about the
tapping toes and hot bteath down my neck)

Thank you in advance
Joe Brandt