Re: [SLUG] Minutes of the Meeting 2005-04-12

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 23:28:43 EDT

On 4/14/05, Mike Branda <realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Dylan,
>
> I just wanted to say thanks for the minutes. I have been unable to
> attend the last 2 meetings for one reason or another. I'm very pleased
> to read the recap. It's much appreciated!! Hopefully I'll see you at
> the next one!

Thanks Mike. I hope people like reading them as much as I like writing them. :)

I got the idea from the Tampa Bay Perl Mongers, and the style was
somewhat inspired by (I believe) Mark Banschbach, who once wrote a
very funny "minutes of the meeting" for Tampabay.pm.

Also, I'd like to tip my hat to John Schatmeyer for coining the term
"Debriefing Session" for the after-meeting meal, which I periodically
use.

So, basically I get all my best ideas from people with Dutch last names.

Happy hacking,
  Dylan.

--
"Here's to the soldiers that march to the war
Their ugly tin hats and the long wollen draws.