Re: [SLUG] Mounting NTFS Drives

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 23:56:40 EDT

Jesse Broecker wrote:

>Hi I am new to SLUG and Linux, I've been learning linux off and on for the
>last coule months. I run a duel boot machine with Windows XP Pro and Red
>Had Fedora Core. One of my biggest stumbling blocks is the inability to
>acess the files on my windows drive. I've heard there is a way to mount
>NTFS drives/partitions but haven't found anything that works so far. Can
>anyone help?
>
>Jesse

Most current Distros can read and copy from NTFS no sweat.
A problem is that you will show differently than Windows does.
Typically you C drive may be shown as hda1 or hda, so it looks
strange. As long as you do not copy to or delete items in NTFS from
Linux you are OK, if you do it wrong you will totally trash your Windows.
I have not used your Distro. Most distros will mount NTFS partitions as
read only because of this.

                           Richard Smoot