Re: [SLUG] what to think about the next ver

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 15:28:22 EDT

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 08:10, John Pugh wrote:

> > There was a review that mentioned the media programs missing:
> > http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=3851&page=3
>
> Hmmm...I'd say an uneducated writer talking to a non-Linux savvy PR person!
> This review is not accurate. I'd post the CD's for you guys, but my
> downstream is only 384 and I need that!

Shesh, where's your priorities John? ; )

Get a nice fat pipe installed so we can enjoy your server! ; )

More reasonably, I really appreciate the professionalism that Novell has added
to SuSE. It's all in those little details. Oh, and it would be dandy to have
yum capabilities too.

Otherwise Novell has created a nice showcase of what you can do with Linux. I
use it as a demo to newbies. (I prefer the config setup ala RH or I'd still
use SuSE.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.