RE: [SLUG] borrowing serial port over LAN

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 08:37:25 EDT

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 23:06 -0400, Ken Elliott wrote:
> >> Can I hook the cradle up to my wife's desktop with the serial
> connection for a short time and access it over the network?

I've heard about doing this, and apparently gpilotd supports it, as
indicated by the [Network] option in my gpilotd --help output below.
I've heard of people attempting to use a network sync with Kpilot over
Bluetooth,but the developers said (as of last summer) that this didn't
work. I'm guessing that implied that it does work over a wire.

ejahn@64funky:~$ gpilotd --help
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.12 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

--The Ghost of Jim Varney