[SLUG] [kinda OT] Adblock master block list

From: 404 (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 01:19:55 EDT

I know this might be a bit off topic but everyone I have shared with has
been happy:

Since most of us are using Firefox, here's a nice way to give Adblock a
serious boost. To get this working, you'll need to get the Adblock
Extensions for Firefox - adblock.mozdev.org . Install it, close then
reopen Firefox. You should now see "Adblock" in the very lower right
corner, if so you have it installed.

Adblock is what the name suggests - it blocks ads on websites. Once the
extension is installed blocking any ad on a webpage is as simple as
right-clicking on it and selecting "Adblock image". You can even use
wildcards to improve what you can block from that domain.

Next go here - www.geocities.com/pierceive/adblock/ - and find the
latest version of the list (at the bottom of the page). Right click ->
save file as -> save to some place you will remember.

Next we go back to Firefox, click tools in the menu -> Adblock ->
Preferences. Now that we have the Adblock prefs open, click "Adblock
options" -> "Import filters" -> find the file you just saved -> done.

This will block just about every ad on the net, including Google's
Adsence. If you are currently running Adsence for your own websites or
you want to see them you will want to remove this this line in your
current Adblock rules: "/[^a-z\d=+%@](\w*\d+x\d)..." (it goes on very
very long).

Matthew Burke - Textbox Networks
[w] http://textbox.net [e] matthew@textbox.net