[SLUG] Minutes of the Meeting 2005-04-25

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 02:14:57 EDT

On monday the 25th, a bunch of we sluggers gathered a Panera Bread in
St. Pete and had a
merry old time.

Most of the people I'm most familiar with were there, including
several Tampa-ians
such as Jonathon. Leonard was there, along with his friend Jim.
As jim Lightfoot and James were also present, one wonders if there's a
Jim/James conspiracy in SLUG. ;)

The usual suspects, myself, Aaron, Mario, Leonard, and SOTL were also
in attendence.
It should be noted Mario was a bit confused as to were the Panera's
was, and called Chad.
Chad proceeded to given Mario the wrong directions, causing him some delay.
Leonard was also at a loss for directions, and attempted to call me,
but my phone was off.
Thus he called Mario, who didn't remind him that the meeting wasn't at
the Library.
Despite this, both Leonard and Mario managed to find the place.

When I arrived, Chad was climbing all over the walls, James and Angela
were eating,
and some other people were too. There were quite a few laptops about,
possibly because of
the free wireless. Sitting with James and Angela made me hungry, so I
went out of the
meeting room and ordered a sandwich. I mention this because while I
was doing so I ran
into Alex Harris, who was likewise ordering a sandwich.

Overall, it was a short meeting, and nothing much seemed to happen.
There was some general Q&A, and a very bright UNIX guru, who sat behind me,
answered 2.5 questions, in a row!

I also noted that I have somehow got the ignoble distinction of being
"The" debian user of
the St. Pete meetings... This is exactly why it's bad to demo a debian
installer, I
suppose...

Oh, one last bit. There is an interesting new possibility for a meeting place,
but I'll let Aaron announce that.

--
"Oh, all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that ever I've done, alas it was to none but me.