Re: [SLUG] OT - MAC Laptops??

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 09:10:26 EDT

The Mac interface has changed since OS X hit. In some ways, it's still
the same, as you go to the document and double click on it and it picks
the app and launches. Like normal. Not sure if Photoshop has a Mac OS X
version or not, but any OS 9 app runs in OS X without any real problem.

If you like, you can always run Fink...fink is basically a
debian-under-glass environment for Mac OS X. That way you can run X and
X-apps, too.

Also, Mac OS X is Unix. It's based on a BSD kernel...so you can have the
best of both worlds.

Actually, you can have the best of three worlds by installing Linux
(debian/ubuntu, or SUSE or YellowDog), and then running Mac-on-Linux,
which allows you to run Linux, and Mac OS X on your machine all at once!
It's a cool thing that you can show off to people...it's kinda like
running VirtualPC without the Virtual part, as the OS of Linux/Mac OS
X/OS 9 all can run on the same processor without being virtualized. And
if you're into 4 OS's at once, you could probably install Virtual PC and
run Windows, too.

Russell

Russell Hires <rhires@earthlink.net>