Re: [SLUG] ifconfig not gettting set

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 19:25:32 EDT

You guys are barking up the wrong tree. What you need to do is check
your /etc/network/interfaces file, and make sure that you have some kind
of setup for dhcp or whatever kind of network you need at boot time.
When you do networking restart, you're causing dhcp to run, but it's not
happening when you start up. So the place to make this change is
in /etc/network/interfaces.

HTH

Russell

--