Re: [SLUG] power issues on laptop

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 07:58:47 EDT

Rock on. ACPI support in 2.6.5+ kernels is mucho bettero.
Can't help much with orinoco - never had a problem when I used the orinoco_cs "drivers".
Now with power - tweak the powersave.conf (if you use powersaved) and play with suspend...not as good as MS suspend tools, but I use it regularly with my Novell Linux Desktop and it works perfectly (most of the time!)

JP

>>> glenn@glennmeyer.com 05/11/05 1:52 pm >>>
Well,  I got lucky.  I downloaded, configured, compiled, installed
kernel 2.6.11.8 this morning and I can now unplug from the AC power
supply and plug back in without locking up!!  Problem solved.

Thank you all for your replies.

Now back to working on getting the Orinoco Gold wireless card working.