Re: [SLUG] Subversion Question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 09:35:17 EDT

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:38:38AM -0400, Dylan Hardison wrote:

> On 5/25/05, Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:

> under the

> repository is
> ideas?
> > > >

> > > Chances are you changed some properties (svn propset).
> > > do a svn update and then try commiting. It should work.
> >
> > And yet it doesn't. ;-}
> >

> > > By the way, are you usinf fsfs? it's much less error-prone...
> > >

> > I had to look this up. Don't know what difference it would make at this
> > point, nor am I sure that this is the origin of the current problem.
> > Anyway...
> >
> > Any more suggestions?
> >
> Okay. it is possible the fsbdb subversion repository is borked.
> Try running svnadmin recover /path/to/repository

And this gets:

svn: Expected version '3' of repository; found version '4'

> Or, perhaps more likely, the problem is similar to the one described here:
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-08/0057.shtml

Waaaayy too much trouble to go through all that, trying to figure out
what subversion has done and trick it into doing the right thing. This
is why I stopped using subversion about a year ago. (I came back to it
because CVS sucks, and Arch creates
files-with-stupid-long-filenames-that-have-weird-stuff-in-them.)

I'm not that keen on Berkeley DB files, particularly when they can't be
used on a LAN interface. Thanks for the suggestion on fsfs. I think it's
probably best to obliterate the whole thing and restart it with fsfs.
This isn't earth-shattering software I'm doing, and I'm the only one
working on it. So if I lose history, the world won't end.

Paul