Re: [SLUG] DSL on a laptop

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 12:22:06 EDT

Hey Chuck...

 I have used Damn Small for about 2years on a variety
of machines. I currently have it running on my
THinkpad 770, and its just a beautiful thing.

  As for your boot issue, is this POST HD-install ?
Which type of install did you do ? What version are
you running ? All this would be most helpful. Also..
if your running a Live CD version.. you might want to
run the Checksum on the image ? possibly redownload
it.. I personally have not had your issue but I will
also vouch for the helpfulness of John ( the
developer/owner/whatever guy) and a few of the others
in forum. It might also take a day or 2 to get back
to you. This has been my own experience. I have had
it on my thinkpad.. my wifes Dell Latitude CP.. an IBM
GL300 desktop. and a couple of other PC clones. I
also have a Toshiba laptop which is a Satellite T-4700
with no CD drive that I installed Debian on by floppy
( Oh Lord what a day that was :) and had a couple of
video tweaks to do .. and a little extra help by my
buddy Andrew Wyatt to get some font issues together
etc..

  Let me know what you have.. and what you did , and
possibly I can help a little..

Mark