Re: [SLUG] DSL on a laptop

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 12:35:26 EDT

On 5/27/05, Mark Banschbach <mrbear37@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey Chuck...
>
> I have used Damn Small for about 2years on a variety
> of machines. I currently have it running on my
> THinkpad 770, and its just a beautiful thing.
>
> As for your boot issue, is this POST HD-install ?

No Live CD...

> Which type of install did you do ? What version are

Latest, just pulled it off of the web site dsl1.1 is what it
says

> you running ? All this would be most helpful. Also..
> if your running a Live CD version.. you might want to
> run the Checksum on the image ? possibly redownload

I will do so and see if that was what the problem was.

> it.. I personally have not had your issue but I will
> also vouch for the helpfulness of John ( the
> developer/owner/whatever guy) and a few of the others
> in forum. It might also take a day or 2 to get back
> to you. This has been my own experience. I have had
> it on my thinkpad.. my wifes Dell Latitude CP.. an IBM
> GL300 desktop. and a couple of other PC clones. I
> also have a Toshiba laptop which is a Satellite T-4700
> with no CD drive that I installed Debian on by floppy
> ( Oh Lord what a day that was :) and had a couple of
> video tweaks to do .. and a little extra help by my
> buddy Andrew Wyatt to get some font issues together
> etc..

Sounds like you have been using it a while. I am actually
interested in using it on several machines and in the end I
want to end up with it on a CF card.... But I have to get it
up and running first on something so I can poke at it a bit.

> Let me know what you have.. and what you did , and
> possibly I can help a little..

Thank you Mark. I will drop notes as I find out what I have
or have not done...

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;