Re: [SLUG] Raid 1 of /home after / disk failure

From: rhatman@earthlink.net
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 09:39:08 EDT

Yes, each of the two disks can be independantly mounted to
access the data. I have to copy the data to an extra (3rd) disk.
I don't want to modify one of the raid disks and not the other.

What does "modify the header metadata" mean?
(1) the raid is reassembled and all data is available and
mounted ok for the Knoppix boot and later install of Fedora? or
(2) the raid is initialized and no data is available and will not
be recognized later with a Fedora 4 installation?
(3) some other option less desirable than 1.

I plan to get a replacement system disk for the / partition,
install Fedora 4 and see if DiskDruid will preserve the
raid structure when installing.
Larry
:-)