[SLUG] Raid 1 of /home after / disk failure

From: rhatman@earthlink.net
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 16:16:02 EDT

Here is a recovery problem.
There were three drives in the system.
hda = partitioned for / and swap
hde & hdg on a Promise card partitioned as md0 for /home
The drive hda failed - not recognized by bios
I need to activate a Samba share on our lan to use some files.
I have booted the system using Knoppix 3.8.1 (cool) and
see the 2 raid drives, But not as a single raid device.
In the "Knoppix Hacks" book it says to create the file /etc/raidtab (done).
When giving the command mkraid /dev/md0 , the message is
/dev/hde appears to be a part of a raid, command aborted.
Can I do this with Knoppix or should I wait to install Fedora 4 on a new disk?
Larry Sanders
:-)