Re: [SLUG] Samba help

From: D. Sandmann (crackerdog@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 01:25:33 EDT

Hey,

Just want to thank everyone for their help.

The problem has been solved! The solution was giving up on Red Hat and
went to Debian. Edited the smb.conf file a little, to remove some
password things, and up it came, no problem. Well at least I am able to
see and write to my home directory on debian.

There still is going to be some more setup I have to do, but for now at
least I am satisfied that I can get samba to work.

I want to also thank the Tampa group for giving me suggestions as to
which version to go with. It seemed like it was pretty much a toss up
though. But it seemed like it was between Suse, Fedora and Debian. So I
tossed a coin and went with Debian.

Thanks again,
David