[SLUG] Hi Chuck..

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 07:55:40 EDT

Hey Chuck,

  We had spoken a few times in the past about Ham
radio stuff. I got my Technicians ticket about 2
years ago.. and have not gotten my shack together just
yet.. still working on finding some appropriate parts.
I have an ICOM 720-A that I picked up while on summer
vacation last year. It belonged to another ham in
Texas that passed away. I recieved that radio from
one of his friends who wanted to see it continue on
with someone who would love Ham as much as he did.

   basically all I have is the box.. I still need a
power supply, microphone, and an antenna.

  Aside from all this. I have an interest in QRP
stuff, but finding someone to mentor with has been
shall we say challenging at the least.

  If memory serves your over in Pinellas county.. do
you know anyone with interest in that area ? I have
been to several meetings of the TARC over here in
Tampa and although it was all interesting and fun, It
was somewhat futile without having a radio to work
from. It sorta takes the purpose out of the work if
you know what I mean.

 OK.. now I will quit talking and if you have some
insights you would like to share I would appreciate it
!

Thanks !

Mark
KGBRDV