Re: [SLUG] Which Laptop?/

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 00:22:57 EDT

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> No flames from me. After testing damn near all major brand laptops,
> VA/OSTG has settled on IBM Thinkpads. They're stodgy and not cheap,
> but they're the most durable ones we've found.

I agree. I've used MANY laptops... I used to even have up to three at a
time. I had a Thinkpad 380Z (1999, I think) and it was wonderful at the
time. I did a stint with Toshibas and they were ok, but I still used my
380Z more. I switched to Dells after that and had screen problems and
keyboard problems. I now have a Thinkpad again (R40) and haven't had a
single problem in a very long time.

Go with Thinkpads, they are worth every penny.