[SLUG] Debianista Question RE Knoppix

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 13:01:04 EDT

I need to patch a module that gets loaded in the kernel.
I need to download the kernel source, when I attempt to do
apt-get it ask me for a source uri.

Also when I go into my /usr/src/linux/include/net the directory where
I am supposed to have the parts for this module is missing, BUT the
install has the modules (I am loading the thing and running it right
now) the file that needs to be updated is af_rose.c and it resides in
/net/rose but there is not rose directory under /net (on my machine
is it us supposed to be under /usr/src/linux/include/net
I have the path all the way down through /net but there is no /net/rose

I have been told that I need to install the kernel source, but guess I
do not have the complete information to go and get it as I get the
above URI message

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;