Re: [SLUG] picture shrinker

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 12:57:40 EDT

On Sunday 19 June 2005 12:43, Eric Jahn wrote:
> For those of us needing to highly compress tons of photos for blogs in a
> way that doesn't destroy their viewability, here is a command line
> script I pieced together from a few places which accomplishes both
> goals. Requires Python 2.3 with the python imaging modules (all
> available via apt-get). Run it from the command line with a file name
> as the argument or use * for a whole folder. Fiddle with the size
> variable which is just a max size to compress to, as it doesn't change
> the image's size ratio. -Eric

Great!

There's also a batch function in Gwenview which let's you resize images and a
few other things.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.