Re: [SLUG] Virus or something of the same ilk?

From: Andrew Barber (tuorum@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 18:48:29 EDT

Your email address got pulled by some spammer and they
are using it as the source address on an open SMTP
relay. I had this happen to from my hotmail account.
Not much you can do.

>From the header you posted, the routing was:

co547727-a.com -> smtp1.surnet.cl

The telsur.cl domain (the postmaster auto-reply
address) has the same IP add surnet.cl, so that is why
it came from there.

co547727-a.com isn't real. It should be
co547727-a.almel1.ov.home.nl.

Probably some poor guy's home PC in the Netherlands
got a virus or spyware that is mass mailing stuff.

>From a whois lookup of the 82.72.203.200 address, you
can try sending an email to abuse@home.nl to have them
investigate the co547727-a address. Good luck there,
though;).

Andy