[SLUG] Another SUSE Question: setting up an install server

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 09:39:50 EDT

Since there seems to be some SUSE expertise on this list -- and this is my
first experience with it:

Does anyone know how to set up a SUSE install server? I'd like to do a local
network install over my LAN. I've downloaded the 5 CDs, and extracted their
contents into one directory, hitting "no" when asked to overwrite files.

The network install HOWTO
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Network-Install-HOWTO.html#ss4.2> (from 2002!) says
to modify a common.pkd file but that file no longer seems to exist. Couldn't
find any .pkd file.

So aside from just dumping out the 5 CD's contents under a common root and
exporting with NFS, is there anything else I need to do?

-- Mark