Re: [SLUG] Samba File sharing

From: Nicholas Finzer (nfinzer@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 16:48:24 EDT

you probably want to add the following under global:
 security = user
passdb backend = tdbsam
preserve case = true
 (preserve case because linux is case sensitive, nothing to do with your
connection problems, but a good idea)
 restart samba and then run `smbpasswd -a USERNAME' where USERNAME is your
Linux account you want to grant samba access. Enter the password you want to
use for samba connections twice, and you'll probably be good to go. unless I
missed something.
 nf