[SLUG] Silent Power Supply

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 13:20:49 EDT

I'm moving my mail server into my bedroom (maybe, once I'm out of the doghouse, I'll
move myself back in!), and need to silence the power supplies and fans a little. The
power draw on the server is minimal, I'm sure it never goes over 150W, so a 300W
would be more than enough. I've found a few supposedly quiet PSU's from silenx.com
and seasonic. Anybody have any experience with these? Does BestBuy or CompUSA sell
any decent quiet PSU's?

Doug