Re: [SLUG] cable modem

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 11:39:40 EDT

On Jul 14, 2005, at 11:17 AM, RavenBard wrote:

> Unfortuantly, there's not a lot of choice in what modem you get.
> Toshiba's, Newer Motorola's, Erickson Pipewriters, Scientific
> Atlantic Webstar, and Ambit modems are all available in the
> Tampabay area. It's the luck of what's on the truck. :-)

That's not entirely true; at least here in Polk County ... they will
give you whatever modem you want (including one with a wireless
router built in) if you call ahead and drop by their main offices
with the old one. I called them about this and would have done it if
i hadn't remembered that I have a VOIP box that has to go between
modem and switch.

SWB