Re: [SLUG] Crack Attempts

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 20:05:14 EDT

> On Friday 15 July 2005 12:09, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> Chuck please trim your replies...
> >
> > Who do I contact at the FBI, given that this machine and many more
like
> > it will be used to form part of a network for disaster recovery we
would
> > like to at least get someone interested in this. These things are
going to
> > be off in remote places and so we need to be able to get into them
to admin
> > them remotely so we do not want to have to put up with these turkeys
trying
> > to crack into them. Probably going to have to live with it, but
would be
> > nice to grab a few by the throat and do something unprintable to
them.

> Unfortunately there's only one public entrance that I know about. It's
a form
> you fill in when you suspect crime(s) are being/has been committed.
>
> http://tips.fbi.gov
>

> --
>
> Steve Szmidt

If you have a cyber issue to bring to the attention of
the FBI, you should come to the Tampa chapter
meeting of InfraGard which will be at the Tampa
FDLE on Lois (next to HCC) on 21 July 0830-1200.
Attendance is no charge. It is sponsored by the FBI
and meets in TPA and ORL alternating months.
See infragard.net for info. (not an "org) (not spelled
'guard') It is a cooperative venture between FBI and
private industry to addresses issues such as you
describe. Typically 50 - 75 in attendance each meeting.
Usually meet at TechData but apparently not this time.

Contact me if you wish more info.

- Bob