Re: [SLUG] Need a little help with a NFS problem

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 22:14:01 EDT

Chuck Hast wrote:
> Here is what happened when I tried that one:
> root@fpac-dev:~# mii-tool eth0
> SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported

Veddy intwesting.

This worked correctly with the previous installation? I'm not so
certain that your installation disks were bad as you mentioned in a

Are you set on re-installation? If not, there are a few other things to
try:

1) Check settings on the other end of the connection. Use the mii-tool
or ethtool in the previous email.

2) Check the module parameters (you mentioned it was a PCMCIA card). Cat
out the /etc/modules.conf file and see what if some setting is hard coded.

3) Check the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file and post it
(could be a hardcoded entry). (I'm assuming that WhiteBox Linux is the
RedHat equivalent).

4) Check your routing tables with:
    route -n

5) And don't forget to check the cable, swap ports on your switch/hub,
reboot the switch, etc.. You've likely done this, but sometimes in my
rush to troubleshoot some things I often miss the obvious.