Re: [SLUG] Can't compile on slackware 10.1

From: Tevfik Yücek (tevfik.yucek@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 22:49:15 EDT

On 7/20/05, Matthew Burke <matthew@textbox.net> wrote:
> I just upgraded my house server from slackware 9.1 to 10.1 and now I
> cannot compile anything. When I try to compile a package I get:
>
> matt@cotn:~/nmap-3.81$ ./configure
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
> matt@cotn:~/nmap-3.81$
>
> (the log says the same thing, cannot create exe)
>
> I also tried installed the package using pkgtool, no good. Anyone have
> any idea of what's going on? I have never had any kind of problem like
> this on slack before.

I am not very knowledgeble in this issue, but I use SW10.1 and did not
have this problem before.

Maybe there is something wrong with the configuration file. What are
you trying to install? Maybe you can try to install/compile another
package.

Tevfik

--
There is no reasonable defense against an idiot with an agenda.