Re: {SPAM?} RE: [SLUG] {SPAM?} procmail scripting

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 18:25:39 EDT

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 4:57, patrick grantham wrote:
> Thanks for the insight. I probably am not. On every item that is see
> added to the header is "spam autolearn=no" I will look into autolearn.
>
> thx

I run it from a command line as "sa-learn --spam
--showdots /your-spam-directory here/" every few days. If you really trust
that you aren't marking false positives, you could run that as a cron job
daily.

It is a good idea to have another directory for "ham", and run the same
command but replace the word "spam" with the word "ham" so that it learns
what is not spam also.

These two commands will quite accurately train spamassassin in just a few
weeks. Just look through the spam directory daily and move any false
positives to the ham directory, and any spams that that slipped through to
the spam directory then run the two sa-learn commands to fine tune the
filters.

Spamassassin is a bit too aggressive if you get html emails (newsletters and
OE users will trigger false positives almost every time), so watch for those
types of emails.

Jeff