Re: [SLUG] Online File Archive

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 10:30:18 EDT

>>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 9:38 am, robertsnyder@gmail.com wrote:
> Host wont let me install a mono app. or anything mono, they are
> worried about legal status of mono. Now if it works off .Net they
> sould be happy to setup a subdomain of my choosing on a windows box.

Bummer - guess that rules out pretty much a large portion of open
source since MS and IBM(and others) hold significant patents that
"could" pose legal problems.. In that case, you may find that the
proprietary licensed version of iFolder is a less expensive alternative
and provides everything you are looking for and much more.

BTW...for your info - MONO is built on ECMA/ISO standards as is the
core of the .NET framework and as part of the ECMA/ISO submission for
.NET, MS has provided a grant to anyone who wishes to implement those
components for free and for any purpose. This link may help
http://web.archive.org/web/20030609164123/http://mailserver.di.unipi.it/pipermail/dotnet-sscli/msg00218.html

Ok - so that was my vain attempt at providing some education!

JP