[SLUG] debian resolution issues

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 13:11:57 EDT

    Okay. I'm stepping up to the next level. I'm trying to install
Debian 3.1 on my little box here, and it's frustrating me. I've been
running Knoppix 3.9, but it's slower and not nearly as clean as actual
Debian. I can't get any more screen resolution than 800x600 under
Debian. I've been running Knoppix at 1024x768, and I have tried
1280x1024, and although the hardware will support it, my eyes are not as
good as they used to be.
    I did some googling on the Debian problem, and saw that others have
had this issue, but I have yet to find any comprehensive solutions.
Help! I know that some of you guys are Debian users, and I'm sure
you've tackled it before. What do I need to do? Is it going to be
another reinstall, or is there something I can do on the system the way
it is? I appreciate any help you can provide.