Re: [SLUG] debian resolution issues

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 14:10:55 EDT

>For starters, what kind of video card?
>Is it the exact same card and monitor that you ran under Knoppix?
>
>Ken Elliott

    It's a generic card, but it is the very same that I was running
under Knoppix (card and monitor). It's a different hard drive. I
wanted to keep all my old stuff until I was sure I had it right and the
way I wanted it.
    I went into /etc/X11/XF86config-4 and tried to write in the higher
resolutions along with the "800x600" etc., but when I tried to save it,
it told me that the file could not be written to. Do you think I'm on
the right track here?