[SLUG] hardware issue

From: Alex Harris (nccuss17@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 12:49:12 EDT

I was changing out the fans on my linux desktop over the weekend, and
while I was at it removed the processor (to blow out any dust that
might have accumulated), and now the system will not POST (power on
self test, the nice bios beep, nor any other beeps), or display
anything on the monitor.

The system is an amd duron 800mhz (socket A/460). I would appreciate
it if someone who had a similar amd processor could bring one to the
tampa meeting tomorrow evening at HCC so that I can figure out if it's
my processor or the motherboard that broke (if someone could bring in
their whole system that'd be cool too, but I figured the processor
chip is a tad lighter and would do the job).