RE: [SLUG] US Robotics Modem

From: Jeffrey Kroll (jkroll@pboa.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 15:45:21 EDT

Frank,

        If the modem is a winmode you are going to have a hard time
setting it up, if you even can do it w/ today's linux distro's. The last
time I setup a modem was back in 94 - 95 and its using custom dialup
scripts (prolly still available from a decent google search). Most of
the time when linux cant see the modem its from a IRQ / DMA conflict
(its colliding w/ a NIC or other device, or its not supported under
linux... However US Robotics should be supported being that's it a big
brand name. I would do some heavy google searching for your make & model
# and Linux support. If that doesn't help please repost w/ that
information and maybe one of us 'geeks' can try to assist more

Name: Jeffrey Kroll
E-mail: echo "klspmmAqcpb/dpn" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'