RE: [SLUG] New Novell 9.3 Technical Resource Kit

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 14:44:42 EDT

 I received my Novell 9.3 Technical Resource Kit. I was disappointed that
it only contained ISOs for burning Live CDs. I went ahead and burned the
CDs and tried them. Frankly, I could not see any reason to upgrade our
servers from SuSE 9.1 to 9.3. I'm pretty sure I must be missing something,
but the Live CD certainly did NOT do a good job of selling me on buying
upgrades.

The first Technical Resource Kit was great. This one has become shelfware.
Meanwhile, I'm playing with Fedora Core on one test server and Debian on
another. The lack of an installable version of SuSE limits my ability to
evaluate.

Odd that the powers-that-be would not include access to an open source
product. This seems to play into the hands of those who say that Novell
doesn't "get" open source.

Ken Elliott