Re: [SLUG] Can't switch out of X

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 16:04:45 EDT

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Anthony Harper wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> >Anyone ever heard of being unable to hit Ctrl-Alt-Fn to switch to a
> >console out of X? If so, what was the problem/fix?
> >
> Just had this same problem last night, in my case, it was something hung
> up in my gnome session, I killed that from a windowed terminal and then
> was able to ctrl+alt+fn out of x. Not sure how it happened though. Is
> yours a more permanent situation?

I don't have a session manager installed. I'm running X with Blackbox,
and using "startx" to get into it.

This is such an obscure problem, and I can't figure out how to google
it. Let's take another tack.

How would I go about setting, say, "Alt-G" to go to virtual console
number 3?

--
Paul M. Foster