Re: [SLUG] when you've got a 64 bit headache...

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 09:52:20 EDT

Mike Branda wrote:

>Hello all!
>

>Been trying to set dear old dad up with a 64 bit SuSE 9.3 install.
>
>It's a Compaq R4000 with an Athlon 64 3200 and the new ATI Radeon Xpress
>200M. The only distro that supports that beast (the ATI) so far is
>ubuntu. I'm down to only 1 issue. I finally got the wireless working
>with a 64 bit version of the Broadcom driver and the ndiswrapper. The
>issue is that the clock seems to tick at double time.

I would suggest posting this on Ubuntuforums.org. KUbuntu is the only
distro that I can get everything (including Broadcom wireless) to work.
My WEP on wireless does not work though. But my dvd/cdrw combo drive
does. I have to learn to pick up my thumb when typing (a loose term
indeed).

HTH
Joe Brandt