Re: [SLUG] Were we dissed?

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 10:09:12 EDT

Eric Jahn wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 02:06 -0400, Pete Theisen wrote:
>

>>Were we dissed? Should we be dissed, do we somehow deserve this?
>>

>No, no, and yes, we probably deserved it for unknowable karmic reasons,
>but I think you enjoyed the scolding anyway. This same person also saw
>to it that the linksys router was placed above the wall so you'd get
>better wifi reception this month.
>
>Anyway, it was a great meeting, but we ran out of space around the big
>table. So we overflowed to the kiddie section, but I couldn't get
>WeeRobby to sit on one of tiny kiddie chairs so I could take a picture.
>
>WeeRobby: what happened to those two people you were helping? Are they
>up and running, or do they need some hardware still? Thanks very much
>for helping them!

No as Mepis does not provide kernel sources.

NDISWrapper refused to load right but that seems to be a common problem
with ndiswrapper and mepis with that card according to there forums.

Then after borrowing Jeffs Pen drive I got RaLinks open sourced drivers
from there site. But with out the kernel sources it would not compile.

aAt the end we swaped contact information and Probably come up next
meeting and get him set up with Suse 9.3 Probably would of had less
hassle if I did not have to fix his figure out why hte video was not
working. Bad PCI modem in the machine.