Re: [SLUG] Laptop riot

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 11:17:43 EDT

Chuck Hast wrote:

>On 8/17/05, Pete Theisen <petet@acun.com> wrote:
>

>>Chuck Hast wrote:
>>

>>>I clicked on it and got the art. and a POPUP... And I have popups turned off on
>>>Firefox... Guess they have found a work around for that one too. Blasted trash.
>>>

>>Hi Chuck!
>>
>>Switch to full Mozilla - no popup with full Mozilla. Yeah, it's bloated,
>>I know.
>>

>Just turned off the java scripting that took care of it.

Firefox has a problem allowing flash applications the ability to open
popups by default (the cause of many of those popups after you've
disabled them). Pete Bevin's blog has a great quick fix for this: set
privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins = 2.

    http://www.petebevin.com/archives/2005/03/10/firefox_popups.html

I mirrored it in my blog:

    http://ian.blenke.com/computers/software/opensource/web/firefox/

This may or may not help with that page: firefox caught the popup for me
and supressed it.

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>