Re: [SLUG] Breezy

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 13:09:02 EDT

>From: Robert Snyder <robertsnyder@gmail.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: Re: [SLUG] Breezy
>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:16:37 -0400
>
>I have heard rumblings about ralink drivers to eventually be included
>alot of people mention breezy. So if anyone uses breezy please let us
>know if they put in the ralink drivers yet. As it would make it much
>easier on Eric.

There are two Ralink packages (RT2400 & RT2500) in the Breezy repositories
but they appear to require compiling:

----
RT2400 wireless network drivers source
This package provides the source code of the Linux drivers for wireless
network cards using Ralink RT2400.

In order to compile the kernel modules you need the kernel sources (or the kernel-headers for the kernel-image packages from Debian). For compile instructions look into usr/share/doc/rt2400-source/README.Debian or simply use the module-assistant utility.

Homepage: http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/ ---- RT2500 wireless network drivers source This package provides the source code of the Linux drivers for wireless network cards using Ralink RT2500.

In order to compile the kernel modules you need the kernel sources (or the kernel-headers for the kernel-image packages from Debian). For compile instructions look into usr/share/doc/rt2500-source/README.Debian or simply use the module-assistant utility.

Homepage: http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/ ----

Packages in the Ubuntu repositories can be searched here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/

-Jonathon