[SLUG] Software Freedom Day - Bradenton

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 19:37:17 EDT

Ok, I have had enough of this unorganized mess.

I know that we are suppose to be all democratic about it and let
everyone have there said so but that is simply not working.

So "Wee" is taking over as leader of this Bradenton mess.

First off lets set a time for this event

For all extensive purposed the time range of 10 am to 3pm would be
great ( if you want to aruge about it you have to do so before monday
as a Press Release should be submitted some time early in the week. )

Volunteers need to be there at 9:30 at the latest

Our local icon Robin "Roblimo" Miller had offered to handle the press
releases so if that offer still stands I will be sending you an email
about the bradenton events for the press release.

Joe Brandt, As you arranged with with the books-a-million in
Bradenton, I need to know what are we looking at. Do we need to finding
Tables? What about Electricity? Has anyone checked to see if there is
even a paid for wifi service at the book store or open Wifi access point
in range ?

Linuxtops.com will be providing Free Linux installtions on all machines
Laptop/Desktop, even if they dont get done on SFD they will get done. (
but this is where the wifi will be a big help)

Computer Diagnostic Center - Diagnose common computer problems while
providing a FOSS soultion

Hand out as many copies of linux we can get out there.

Who is willing to show up and help.

Other than Myself Eric and Jeff (assuming he is not passed out in a
druken stuper) and Joe ( sorry Joe I forgot about you) Who else will
be helping.

Also if he have electricity does anyone have any spare surge protectors
aka power strips as machines demoing FOSS will be there assuming there
is electricity and they will need to get juice somehow.

Anything else feel free to mention, I dont mean to be rude but it is
August 20th SFD is only 20 days way and things need to start coming
together and lately it seems like it is only one huge mess.

"Wee" Robby Snyder