Re: [SLUG] Software Freedom Day - Bradenton

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 20:56:28 EDT

Joe Brandt wrote:

> On Saturday 20 August 2005 7:37 pm, Robert Snyder wrote:
> > Ok, I have had enough of this unorganized mess.
> >

> Boy are you an arrogant person.
> There is still 3 weeks until SFD and we do not even have anything to
> give out. Putting the cart before the horse I would say.
>
> Just because your venue did not pan out does not give you the right to
> usurp
> me.

Not to be mean, but I emailed about this and got no response, if you did
not get my mail maybe you need to fix something.

Also if you showed some activity or responded to something I might not
had thought you decided to do this on a whim.

> My plan has always been to have eveyone who will help meet and work
> out the
> details. I beleive that 10 days prepairation is plenty, as such all
> volunteers should meet at BAM at lets say 7 PM. I will contact my
> laison at
> BAM and arrange this. All pertinent details will be arranged then.

So what your saying is you dont know anything? Like can they provide a
table or electricity or any of the details?

Sorry 10 days is not enough time to get things going. If you want a
little go about things half assed that is your decession. \
This should of all gotten started in back in June. But again I did not
know of this event till earlier this month.

Also all the detials have to be set at least 2 weeks ahead of time for
press releases, this has been discussed on this list, so I dont see how
waiting till the last minute is going to help us here.

Again sorry 7PM when. thre are alot of 7pms between now and then.

> If this course of action is deemed unacceptable by SLUG then I will
> abdicate
> to whomever wishes to take charge but I will not stand by and let this
> become
> a factioned circus.

Only reason I said anything is because of a lack of response from you on
the wiki, or the list. If i have to go running around trying to find
tables and other thigns and hunt down a sponser who will willing to
donate say a verizon evdo card/account that will take time.

P.S.

If you have a problem with all this well I am sorry you can go to the
wiki see my cell number and call me up and chew me out if you think you
have been wronged.