[SLUG] usb devices

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 13:22:27 EDT

    Okay, gentlemen. I'm pulling my hair out here. I recently aquired
a digital camera and usb flash card reader from a relative who no longer
used them. The camera takes pics, I can review them in the camera, and
the flash card plugs right into the reader. I can not figure out how to
mount the card through the reader.
    When I do a "sbin/fdisk/ -l" it shows me the two hard drives and the
partitions therin. When I go to the kinfo center and look under scsi
devices, I get this:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi 1 Channel: 00 Id: Lun: 00
  Vendor: Model: USB Card Reader Rev: 3.00

...etc with "Lun: 01" and "Lun: 02"

It's a three-slot reader, does each Lun represent one of the slots?

I really don't know which direction to go at this point. I haven't come
up with much on Googling.

I went in to "/proc/bus/usb" to take a look at what it saw there, and
came up with three folders: "001", "002", "003", and a blank document
"devices". Under the three folders, I found what looks like other blank
documents.